Apple Detox: Here's What Happened Eating 19 apples in 3 days

So you're curious about detoxing? Wonderful! It shows much wisdom that you have realized that the body needs a tune-up, just like the car you depend on to commute. Detoxification in short, is the removal of irritants and toxins that influence the optimal functioning of a thing. In this instance, YOU! An amazingly designed human being.

In a car, we drain the oil pan and change the filter during an oil change. We do this so that the build-ups from all the cycling and processing of the car, where that oil has done much work through the  lines and systems of our car, can continue to move smoothly and don't clog and lock up the cars engine on us. The goal is motion.

In detoxing, you are the car. Your blood is the oil. Your heart is the engine. We want all systems, always ready to go!
Start your engines! 


Origin of the Apple Detox 

I'd first come across this apple detox system learning and studying the work of psychic healer Edgar Cayce. He is a fascinating man.

Who was Edgar Cayce?

Edgar Cayce was born in Kentucky on March 18, 1877. Early on he showed extraordinary perception and the ability to communicate with relatives that had passed away by age 7. Called the "Sleeping Prophet of Virginia Beach" in his later life, he used his gifts as a clairvoyant to help the public diagnosis and remedy their dis-eases.

This path of intuitive healing would only open up to Cayce after his work treating his own voice paralysis with self induced trance.  While in this unconscious state, he recommended himself manipulative treatments and chemical compounds that would restore his system.

Local doctors, amazed with the young man's gifts began using Cayce to diagnose their patients. Edgar would develop the ability to perform his gift at a distance with only a patients name and address. Remote viewing. The word spread very quickly. The physicians began to write about the young Cayce and in 1910 the New York Times picked up a two-page article about the miracles being performed in the Midwest. People from all over the country, began to seek out Cayce.

Over a period of 43 years giving these intuitive readings,  Cayce gave tens of thousands of them. His collection of insights are currently housed at The Association for Research and Enlightenment in Virginia Beach, VA. The collection holds close to 15,000 stenographic documents bearing the wisdom in his readings. More than half of these were related to treating physical ailment and dis-ease.

The Apple Detox System 


From the archives of one of Cayce's readings is this gem of a therapy.

3 Days. Copious amounts of water.  An iron-will and AS MANY APPLES as you desire!

Simple. Highly effective.

Oh yea and there's the final fun part of 1/2c extra-virgin olive oil (or grapeseed, based on my higher judgement) ingested the final night to fully purge out the system. (Remember the wisdom of your grandmother and her castor oil tales?! Be prepared.)

Called mono-dieting, (which I don't like because the word "diet" connects us with the superficial aspects of health {i.e. losing 5 lbs to fit a dress this weekend} which isn't the point of being well.) the science is that one type of food at a time, most closely resembles the early way of eating of our ancestors and allows for the digestive system to relax a bit. Especially when we choose fruits high in all the right stuff to do the job. Most common are organic apples and grapes.

Fruits are purifying. Apples in particular contain a polyphenol, phloridzin that binds with proteins and metals inside the colon and pushed out into the blood.

The apple has high levels of fiber, carbohydrates, protein, vitamin C, phosphorus, calcium and the phytonutrients crypto-xanthin and lutein-zeaxanthin. Apples are also high in B complex vitamins like riboflavin, thiamin and pyridoxine that help metabolize sugars (carbohydrates) and promote healthy mind and mood.    

This system, like any cleansing and elimination ways is only intended and recommended for short periods of time for a nutritionally balanced lifestyle that avoids deficiencies.

My Personal Journey

Day 1

I began my detox on 11/23/2019 with  about 1/4 of a gallon of water and a sage tea. I would go to purchase my organic apples. I chose Gala, Honey Crisp and Granny Smith for variety. (Dr.Cayce recommended  JENNETING APPLES. A jenneting apple is an apple that is ripened early season in June or July. Some of these varieties available to us are Gala, Dorset Golden, Gravenstein and Yellow Transparent) By 10:30 I was munching my first apple. I was satisfied and not craving anything. The day would go over well. It was a Saturday. I had enough energy and was in a well enough disposition to get the girls to and from dance class and to a 12-3 skating session, where I was in rare form to skate. We had fun! We left a little early to head home. I was still full of energy and eating a second apple about 3 pm. I think my final apple count for the end of day 1 was at 5 or 6. I was really sleepy around 7pm and decided to crank out the yoga I'd missed in the a.m. before falling to sleep. Day 1 interesting observations to note are in the clarity and ease that seems to have come of breathing. My nose seems to sense the air more crisp and sharp. Breathing seems more smooth.

Day 2

I'd fallen to sleep in the 8 o'clock hour, woke a little before midnight and told myself to go back to bed. I did, and was back up at 3:30. Well rested and ready to hope into my work. Apples are satisfying as far as hunger goes. As with fasting on water, the gurgling of the stomach can easily give way to rationalizing cravings. In this instance, cravings are just clearly cravings and desires. I have not moved the 5 apples from yesterday. I just imagine the end of day three being a massive and quite literal "shit storm". Its like I can feel the water and apple moving through the intestines. The clarity that I perceived of lung is in head today. During a moment of focused breathe, I could perceive and feel the beat of my pulse. There is a back of brain opening that I perceive. Today I added passionflower to my sage tea for the added anti-oxidant push and drank the peppery pot-liquor from the mustard and turnip greens, I'd heat up for the children. I want to eat a falafel and cookies. Because comfort. My thoughts are clear and ordered. Energy in motion (emotion) is neutral and calm. A good day for what I am doing here. Sharing through writing.

Day 3

I woke to a bowel movement. The stool was intact but soft and uniform in texture. I can imagine the apples scrubbing down the intestines. I don't have the desire to smoke weed this a.m. Energy is high and spirit well. The sun is out and beckoning me to allow its benefits to in aid this process. I start the day with 1/2 gallon water. Hunger is kept under control with an apple every 4-5 hours. You really begin to appreciate the experience of eating with just one food at a time. To really feel it in your mouth and take in the many facets of its crisp juicy delicacy. This has become eating experience. I have a mound sized pimple that has decided to join me on my left cheek. Purging through the stomach and reproductive areas as dictated by facial mapping. I had just a brief moment of a headache that didn't last as long as my awareness of it. A completely separate phenomena, my menstrual cycle, (that was not expected at this time) may co-factor this experience. My stomach feels light. Bloating has been completely negated. I can perceive and hear the movement of the food and water in digestion. It does not manifest gas or a bowel movement however. Dreams have been more vivid and easier to recall each of the nights during this work. I forgot the olive oil before sleep. At waking in the 3 o'clock hour, I would remember and do it then. Gag reflex is high and its hard to drink oil. I feel the digestion process more. Its like the oil is down there causing trouble with the water and sliding everything right on down. Day 4 began with wonderful movement in the bowels. 3 days, 2.5 gallons of water and 19 apples later... I feel like everything is breathing.


This was a wonderful experience that I plan to incorporate into my lifestyle more frequently due to its easy, the benefits and how good I feel in this moment. I have proven to myself that less can be more and that we don't need nearly as much as we think that we do. Simple can be very healing. What I most liked about this detox was that it didn't have the discomforts that come with the feeling of hunger on food restrictive fasts. This would be a wonderful way to transition into water or more extensive fruit fasting. 

Summary of the noted benefits include:
  • clarity of head and chest
  • neutralized bloating 
  • clear vibrant skin
  • revitalized energy
  • reduced smoking craving
  • reduced sugar craving
  • smoother breathing/ deeper breathe  
 I'd love to hear from you if you try out the apple detox! Comment here or email urbannaturalistindy@gmail.com. 

Remember, I am your guide into wellness, I am not your doctor. As with any new routine, fasting or diet, it is best to consult with your primary care physician for YOUR unique health needs and requirements. 

As always, I wish you the best on your journey to your very best and well life!  

Comments

Popular Posts